THematic Indexing of Spoken Language
Other Research Developments
Information Retrieval using Latent Semantic Indexing
- An alternative information retrieval methodology based on latent semantic indexing using random mapping with a self-organizing map. Initial results are very encouraging.
- The self-organizing map of the document space can be used to visualize the indexing and retrieval process.
- A speaker tracking algorithm is being developed.
- When incorporated into the system, this will aid recognition and improve segmentation and presentation of the recognized text.
- A new keyword spotting algorithm has been developed.